Dear CEAL members:
We have not been overwhelmed with nominations since we posted this call a couple of weeks ago. Please consider running for a CEAL office or encouraging a colleague to do so. It's a great way to get to know librarians from other universities while serving our organization and the profession. If you have any questions about the serving on the CEAL Executive Board or about the election process, please feel free to contact me or the other Election Committee members, listed below.
On behalf of the CEAL Election Committee, I am sending you this official call for nominations/self-nominations for a total of eight positions on the CEAL Executive Board. The positions are as follows:
- Vice President /President-Elect
- Chair of Committee on Chinese Materials
- Chair of Committee on Japanese Materials
- Chair of Committee on Korean Materials
- Chair of Committee on Public Services
- Chair of Committee on Technical Processing
- *Member-at-Large (all areas eligible)
- *Member-at-Large (China focus only)
Serving on the Executive Board is a wonderful opportunity for professional growth and career development. Pursuant to article VII of the CEAL Bylaws, the Election Committee is committed to ensuring a slate of candidates balanced in geographic representation, collection size, and area specialty. While also encouraging experienced members to continue their valued contributions, we also welcome nominations and self-nominations from newer CEAL members. For more information about the positions, please see the relevant section of the CEAL Bylaws.
Please address your nomination(s) to any of the Election Committee members (our contact information is below) by December 11, 2013. The Election Committee will confirm with nominees that they are current CEAL members and willing to serve.
Thank you very much!
CEAL Election Committee:
- Sarah Elman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toshie Marra, email@example.com
- Hyokyoung Yi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Lawson (chair), email@example.com
Post a Comment